If there's any one designer I absolutely LOVE... it's the most 
Beautiful and  and  Classic 

Carolina Herrera
Carolina Herrera and Carolina Adriana Herrera by Alexi Lubomirski -

Before her show, Mrs. Herrera shares what she's watching, reading and loving at the moment (could there be a trend towards the 20s and Cafe Society?)

A Book: "I'm reading several books right now, including The Paris Wife by Paul McLain. The book tells the story of Hadley Richardson, Ernest Hemingway's first wife and is based in the 20s, which is a fascinating  era. I am also reading Heart of the Night and The Coffee House. 

A Movie: "The last movie I saw I loved was Midnight in Paris. Woody Allen did a fantastic job". 

A Cafe: "At the moment, I love The Lambs Club in New York for lunch". I don't have a favorite cafe in the world because I seem ti have one in every country I visit. 

When asked to described the aesthetic of her very first collection, in 1981, Carolina Herrera replied, “It’s my own style.” Decades later, that description still holds true. So what is Herrera's own personal look? Refined and international. it is perhaps best described as "ladylike" although tailoring plays a large role too. "I prefer clothes that are simple, well cut, but with one major extravagance", she told Vogue in 1987. "Something with sleeves with a skirt, but not too fussy or too flashy". Her signature is a crisp white shirt, often turned back at the cuffs; she is also likely to turn up to an evening gala in a white le smoking as in a floor-sweeping ball gown. "I have always loved trouser suits", she has said. "It's something I absolutely believe in for women.. 
VOGUE







No comments: