Congratulations

Pamay Bassey is Today’s Leading Ladies Magazine’s “LIVE YOUR BEAUTY” Campaign entry WINNER for the quarter. We thank you for not only sharing with the magazine on how you "Live Your Beauty”, but allowing that beauty to be shared with our readers. 

In May, we reached out to our social media viewers, readers and friends, asking them to submit their Beauty entry and within days a few emails trickled in.. but one stood out from the bunch and made us think a littler harder about how we see beauty within ourselves and others.. Here’s what Pamay had to say..

“I live my beauty by celebrating the divine in everyone that I meet. During a year travelling on a global, spiritual, interfaith journey called My 52 Weeks of Worship, I was invited into 61 churches, temples, mosques, synagogues, and sacred spaces. I was able to experience how people of all religious and ethnic backgrounds gathered to worship, and was reminded that God is among us, no matter where we are or who we are.

As the female child of Nigerian immigrants, I have spent a lifetime thinking about identity, culture, community, and self-definition. Because of My 52 Weeks of Worship, I have become even more committed to facilitating dialogue about community, connection, and faith. 

I live my beauty by remembering the kindness of strangers, and offering help to others whenever I am able. My beauty comes to life when I share my story- because I believe that by sharing our stories, we grow, and we help others to grow”.

In celebration of our winner, Pamay will receive gift products from our “LIVE YOUR BEAUTY” sponsor – MALLY COSMETICS. 

Mally has the ability to create a diverse range of looks from natural and elegant, to colorful and ultra-glamorous. Her beauty philosophy emphasizes healthy, breathable skin that looks flawless and dewy. According to Mally, “Makeup is simply the accessory that allows someone’s true nature and beauty to outwardly manifest itself.”

July 9, 2012

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How awesome. Thanks for the head's up! I just looked googled her and came across a book she recently wrote that looks amazing, too. It's called My52 Weeks of Worship. Looks like it got five star reviews across the board...I'm going to check it out:

http://www.amazon.com/My-Weeks-Worship-Spiritual-Interfaith/dp/1452545804/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1341865263&sr=8-1-fkmr1&keywords=my52weeks+of+workship